After deciding to use A4 prints, I experimented with packaging them. I had already designed a cover for the set and tried ways of tying them all together. However I was concious of the practically of this and didn’t think that this method would keep the prints together well enough to pick up. It also offered no protection which prompted me to wrap them up in brown paper, like I did a couple of weeks ago (can be seen here) and as in the post below. I think this is much more pragmatic and also aesthetically pleasing especially with the strip of card with the tiger. This is an idea I came up with the morning I went to print, based on the set of postcards I picked up at the London Book Fair and luckily I made the image just in case I didn’t like how the sheep cover turned out.
Having tried this wrapping approach, I am not sure it is right for my set of prints. Although a person would get an example of my illustration from the cover strip, it is a bit fiddly to get into and perhaps looks too handmade/craft fair-esque. I feel that a ‘cleaner’ and more simplistic method of packaging is needed.